Monday, October 15, 2012

Guitar Center ( guitarcenter.com) FAIL

Post Your Guitar Center Fails...

   I am normally not someone who wants to air out business, but I felt it was my obligation to fellow musicians to know my last experience with Guitar center. First my background. I started singing professionally at local Opry's in 1989 and continued performing ever since. I have done stunts for tv movies as well as toured with a wild west show. I worked in Radio for 4 years but have always had a band that played a minimum of 4-10 shows a month since 1989. I have used guitarcenter.com and Musicians Friend since 1991. I have purchased 3 Guitars over $1,200 3 piano's over $700 tons of wireless mics from headworn condensors to multiple in ear monitors and man EV Microphones. I have bought many PA items as well as lighting. Minus picks, cables, and strings I have spent over $20,000 with these companies. That would make my last purchase seem routine but it was everything but.
   I have started DJing and doing karaoke and have gotten busy along with my band. I had 3 outdoor events along with a school dance and a small wedding I needed all for one weekend... 2 weeks and 3 dasys out I contacted Guitar Center in Springfield Mo. I went into the store to look around and had a good enough experience the next day I called the store with an order. I ordered 2 sets of dual 15" speakers  on set coming from Pa and one set from Beaumont. That is 4 speakers along with some adapters and amps.  within 3 days I had amps adapters and shipping info on one set of Speakers.
I thought it was weird that I hadn't recieved shipping on others so I contacted guitar center the following monday. They assured me I had no problem most times when stuff ships from stores it will not provide shipping info. That day I recieved first set of speakers... Wed of that week I contacted Guitar Center again and a lady assured me that I would have the speakers in 3-5 days. I waited till friday and called again... I had a lady tell me I should call beaumont and asked what the hold up is. I asked her if that should be my job or her job being the customer service number. She said she would take my info and call me back...
   Here I was on the monday before needing the speakers for a thursday, Friday and Saturday Gigs. I called guitar center again. A man answered and called beaumont with me on the line then told me they were being shipped that day. If I didn't recieve shipping info in 24 hrs I should call back...
I called back the next day because no shipping information, a guy called Beaumont again they said they were recieving inventory and needed boxes to ship the speakers. I then called the Springfield Mo storer and spoke with someone who called to rectify situation and the solution was they would next day so I had them thursday. Thursday came 5 and of course no speakers... I went and rented a sound system last minute for $200 Then on friday I got a call from Fed Ex that it would be monday because the speakers were over the weight limit, they said if Guitar center would have next dayed them I could have got them still. I called Springfield again they said to drive an hour down there to borrow speakers so I could drive 3 hours to my gig... all this at 4 pm and gig starts at 7 yeah you do the math.... I cancelled the speakers on the spot rented a sound system for to more nights anothr $400 and the manager at Springfield said they would call me within a week to discuss what they can do...It is one month later I have never recieved a phone call but the salesman Roy had the time to send me an email about another set of speakers and a bose system I was also looking at purchasing through them...
I replied to his email I was still waiting on my phone call...
Did I mention I had to eat shipping cost... So I spent about $700 on shipping and P.A. Rental and don't have a speaker to show for that money. Does Guitar Center Care... I think Not...
please any musicians looking at buying anything please go local or contact sweetwatersound.com anyone but guitar center or musiciansfriend...I know If I told one of my weddings or bars I would dio something I better do it or I am fired... Well it is time to hold these companies accountable.. Guitar Center ... Your Fired!


No comments:

Post a Comment